Blog topic generation is often an Achilles’ heel for me. The options are endless, but what do they mean to me? Will I make a point, a difference? Educate, humor, share a useful experience? WSC2015’s “Topic Generation” talk covered the variety of talking points to inspire useful, engaging content.
The topic types offered run the gamut, and can give structure to even the vaguest ideas:
- How to do this, fix this. Sharing how you fixed a nagging issue or work through a task is great for SEO.
- Quick hit. Whether a photo or simply a bit of wisdom, your blog post doesn’t have to be an epic tale.
- You should do this, because… Opinions on how to approach a problem.
- We do this and it works. Case studies are a lot of work, but great examples of your expertise in action.
- Success story. I love to share successes, and they’re great SEO fodder.
- Hero’s journey. The typical story structure: This is how it is, and this is how it should be. Often a call to action, there’s a stated problem, the vision, and the proposed path to get to the vision.
- Intro to technology. Invariably, there’s someone who can learn from where you’ve been, no matter how simplistic.
- Process. Your best practices can inspire others: How a team works together, how to build an app, how to fix an issue.
- Philosophy. Your way of working, and the reasoning, is also enlightening.
From the “Find Your Expertise” talk, I also found helping others to be a great way to frame a blog topic:
- Teach things you know.
- Make things easier to learn than they were for you.
- Ask the first question so someone else doesn’t have to.
- Teaching teaches you; break it down into pieces.
Expressing one’s expertise so it aids others can be a great exercise and lead to blog topics, speaking topics and more. And from this list, I have more than a few thoughts to inspire a slew of new blog posts.
America’s most successful premium television company, Home Box Office delivers two 24-hour pay television services—HBO® and Cinemax®.
HBO continues to take advantage of the latest technological innovations with advancements that include the availability of HBO programming online though HBO GO and MAX GO, as well as HBO On Demand® and Cinemax On Demand® in HD.
Just as HBO is a company noted for its commitment to excellence in the products and services it delivers to consumers, it makes the extra effort to create a work environment in which fairness, equity, trust, and individual responsibility are valued.
HBO is committed to retaining and recruiting skilled and motivated employees, placing a priority on qualified team players who contribute to the diversity of their workforce.
HBO offers competitive benefits to include medical, dental, vision, a matched 401(k) plan, flexible spending, a commuter benefit program and tuition reimbursement.